Organizing tool for the April 9th,10th and 11th 2010 Environmental Storytellers Retreat in Yellow Springs Ohio.

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Dr Kevin D. Cordi, with a PHD in Storytelling, joins in...

1) Why do an Eco-tellers retreat?

In this pressing age where the needs of the environment is overshadowed by celebrity, as a storyteller I need to be aware of how I can use narratives to keep people aware of the value and urgency of protecting our land, air, and sea. I also want to learn from the many talented and educated storytellers that have done so much in this field. I have much to learn and an eager to listen.

2) What is your intention for the retreat?

I need to fill my resources and awareness of how narrative addresses environmental awareness and concerns. I believe story is strong advocacy and I want to learn and continue to be an advocate for social causes.  

3) If you have only one hour of the time with the whole group of 15 to 20 people what would you do?

"What if..." Using Process Drama, "Ensemble Storytelling" (Cordi, 2007) and narrative to explore the imaginative possibilities of taking care of the environment Drawing on my recent doctoral work in proces drama and what I refer to as "Ensemble Storytelling," we will engage in a fictional world together using narrative and other tools (Vygotsky, 1978) to see the "What if" worlds that could be created when we are able to actively represent environmental change . This will be achieve by achieving by creating a "living-through" (Heathcote, 1990) experience using our collective imaginations as we walk, talk, contest problems in a fictional world with an environmental concerns.. It is my hope that using our narrative imaginations in the fictional world will help us address real soultions and dialogue for the current world. This highly interactive story world will hopefully help us change our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment